details of delhi police
MISSION OF DELHI POLICE
The purpose of
Delhi Police is to
uphold the law fairly and firmly;
to prevent crime; to pursue and bring to justice
those who break the law;
to keep the peace in partnership with the community;
to protect, help and reassure the people;
and to be seen to do all this
with integrity, common sense and sound judgement.
We must be
compassionate, courteous and patient,
acting without fear, or favour or prejudice
to the rights of others,
we need to be
professional, calm and restrained
in the face of violence
and apply only that force
which is necessary to accomplish our lawful duty.
We must strive
to reduce the fears of the public
and, so far as we can,
to reflect their priorities in the action we take.
We must respond to
well-founded criticism with a willingness to change.
The Delhi Police presents its Charter for the citizens of Delhi. It would be of immense help to us if we are informed on the non-compliance of any term of the charter.
HISTORY OF DELHI POLICE
The Delhi Police which had been in existence since Mughal period was reconstituted under the Police Act,1861 by the Britishers. The first major re-organisation of this force took place in 1946. On 16 th Feb 1948, the Delhi Police was placed under the charge of an IGP exclusively responsible for maintenance of law and order in the city. In 1978 the Delhi Police Act was passed and the Commissioner of Police system was introduced w.e.f. 1.7.1978. Since then, the Commissioner of Police, Delhi has been heading the Delhi Police.
STRUCTURE OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Headquarters of the Delhi Police is located at Indraprastha Estate, Delhi. There are three Special Commissioners of Police, 17 Joint Commissioners of Police, 7 Addl. Commissioners of Police, 74 Deputy Commissioners of Police and 272 ACsP and a very large number of other police officers/men to assist him.
HOW TO REACH DELHI POLICE
Any person desirous of having an access to any branch/any person of the branch can do so directly or indirectly in a manner as mentioned below:-
1. Physical access.
4. Inter-net and 'E'Mail.
HOW TO REACH POLICE THROUGH CORRESPONDENCE.
Any person can have access even to the senior most level by addressing him in writing directly. Copy of such a letter/complaint can be put in the complaint/suggestion boxes placed at every police station and offices of ACsP sub division and other senior officers. Besides, it can also be given by hand and a receipt can be obtained for the same. A Post Box No.171 at GPO, New Delhi has also been earmarked for the same purpose.
Any person who cannot visit the police station in person and who is not in a position to write can have access to police on telephone. You can contact Police Control Room on Phone No. 100, whenever you need assistance. All the required information about the name, designation, phone No. of the concerned police officers will also be made available.
WEBSITE AND 'E' MAIL
You are welcome to contact us on the following website
FUNCTIONING OF DISTRICT DEPUTY COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
Delhi has been trifurcated in three ranges and further into 9 Districts for the purpose of maintaining law & order. Each range is headed by an officer of the rank of Joint Commissioner of Police and the District is headed by a Deputy Commissioner of Police.
There are nine districts in Delhi Police. The overall supervision of the Police Stations/Police posts in the Distt. rests with respective Deputy Commissioners of Police. Prevention, investigation and detection of crime as also maintenance of law &order are the important functions of police. The officer incharge of Police Station is to prevent & detect crime and maintain law & order within his jurisdiction. The Deputy Commissioner of Police of District supervises the sub-divisions, Police Stations/Police Posts under his/her control and is in addition, responsible for:-
1. Registration of FIR/NCR and investigation of the cases, arrest of the accused, recovery of stolen property, challaning of the cases and prosecution.
2. Depositing unclaimed property under 66 D.P. Act.
3. Recording report regarding missing persons and children and tracing them.
4. Verification of servants/chowkidars and tenants and registration of Security agencies.
5. Granting permission for loud speakers, rallies, political/religious functions.
6. Checking of banks.
7. Providing help to Senior Citizens.
8. Providing documents for filing claim in Motor Accident Claim Tribunal.
9. Providing Guards for the transportation of cash, if required, as per police rules..
10. Public hearing for redressal of grievances.
11. Helping rape victims and other victims of heinous crime. (Rape Crisis Intervention Centre).
12. Implementation of Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.
13. Assisting N.G.Os and involving them in community oriented policing.
14. Organising meetings with Residents Welfare Associations/Mercantile Traders Associations to sort out their problems relating to their safety, security and maintenance of peace in their locality. Organization of meetings at P.S. level and Distt. level.
15. Coordination with other units of Delhi Police like Traffic, PCR etc.
RIGHTS EXTENDED TO THE PERSONS ARRESTED, DETAINED IN POLICE CUSTODY AS PER NHRC GUIDELINES AND HON'BLE SUPREME COURT JUDGEMENT DATED 18.12.96 IN CRL. C.W.P NO. 539/86- D.K . BASU VS. STATE OF WEST BENGAL.
a) The power to arrest without a warrant should be exercised only after a reasonable satisfaction is reached, after some investigation, as to the genuineness and bonafides of a complaint and a reasonable belief as to both the person's complicity as well as the need to effect arrest.
b) Arrest cannot be justified merely on the existence of power, as a matter of law, to arrest without a warrant in a cognizable case.
c) The question whether the power of arrest has been exercised reasonable or not is clearly a justiciable one.
d) Arrest in cognizable cases may be considered justified in one or other of the following circumstances:
(i) The case involves a grave offence like murder, dacoity, robbery, rape etc., and it is necessary to arrest the suspect to prevent him from escaping or evading the process of law.
(ii) The suspect is given to violent behaviour and is likely to commit further offences.
(iii) The suspect requires to be prevented from destroying evidence or interfering with witnesses or warning other suspects who have not yet been arrested.
(iv) The suspect is a habitual offender who unless arrested, is likely to commit similar or further offences.
e). Except in heinous offences, as mentioned above, an arrest must be avoided if a police officer issues notice to the person to attend the police station and not leave the station without permission.
f).The power to arrest must be avoided where the offences are bailable unless there is a strong apprehension of the suspect absconding.
g). Police officers carrying out an arrest or interrogation should bear clear identification and name tags with designation. The particulars of police personnel carrying out the arrest or interrogation should be recorded contemporaneously, in a register kept at the police station.
1. As a rule use of force should be avoidable while affecting arrest. However, in case of forcible resistance to arrest minimum force to overcome such resistance may be used. However, care must be taken to ensure that injuries to the person being arrested, visible or otherwise, is avoided.
2 That the police officer carrying out the arrest of the arrestee shall prepare a memo of arrest at the time of arrest and such memo shall be attested by at least one witness, who may be either a member of the family of the arrestee or a respectable person of the locality from where the arrest is made. It shall also be counter signed by the arrestee and shall contain the time and date of arrest.
3 The dignity of the person being arrested should be protected. Public display or parading of the person arrested should not be permitted at any cost.
4 Searches of the person arrested must be done with the due respect to the dignity of the person, without force or aggression and with care for the person's right to privacy. Searches of women should only be made by other women officers with strict regard to decency.
5 The use of handcuffs or leg chains should be avoided and if at all, it should be resorted to strictly in accordance with the law repeatedly explained.
6 A person who has been arrested or detained and is being held in custody in a police station or interrogation center or other lock-up, shall be entitled to have one friend or relative or other person known to him or having interest in his welfare being informed, as soon as practicable, that he has been arrested and is being detained at the particular place, unless the attesting witness of the memo of arrest is himself such a friend or a relative of the arrestee.
7. The time, place of arrest and venue of custody of an arrestee must be notified by the police where the next friend or relative of the arrestee lives outside the district or town through the Legal Aid Organization in the District and the police station of the area concerned telegraphically within a period of 8 to 12 hours after the arrest.
8. The person arrested must be made aware of this right to have someone informed of his arrest or detention as soon as he is put under arrest or is detained.
9. An entry must be made in the diary at the place of detention regarding the arrest of the person which shall also disclose the name of the next friend of the person who has been informed of the arrest and the names and particulars of the police officials in whose custody the arrestee is.
10. As far as is practicable women police officers should be associated where the person or persons being arrested are women. The arrest of women between sunset and sunrise should be avoided.
11. The arrestee should, where he so requests, be also examined at the time of his arrest and major and minor injuries, if any present on his/her body, must be recorded at that time. The "Inspection Memo" must be signed both by the arrestee and the police officer effecting the arrest and its copy provided to the arrestee.
12. Where children or juveniles are sought to be arrested, no force or beatings should be administrated under any circumstances. Police officers, may for this purpose, associate respectable citizens so that the children or juveniles are not terrorized and minimal coercion is used.
13. Where the arrest is without a warrant, the person arrested has to be immediately informed of the grounds of arrest in a language, which he or she understands. Again, for this purpose, the police, if necessary may take the help of respectable citizens. These grounds must have already been recorded in writing in police records. The person arrested should be shown the written reasons as well and also given a copy on demand.
14. Apart from informing the person arrested of the above rights, the police should also inform him of his right to consult and be defended by a lawyer of his choice. He should also be informed that he is entitled to free legal aid at state expense.
15. When the person arrested is brought to the police station, he should, if he makes a request in this regard, be given prompt medical assistance. He must be informed of his right. Where the police officer finds that the arrested person is in a condition where he is unable to make such request but is in need of medical help, he should promptly arrange for the same. This must also be recorded contemporaneously in a register. The female requesting for medical help should be examined only by a female registered medical practitioner.
16. Information regarding the arrest and the place of detention should be communicated by the police officer effecting the arrest without any delay to the police control room and District/State Headquarters. There must be a monitoring mechanism working round the clock.
17. The information regarding the arrest and the place of custody of the arrestee shall be communicated by the officer causing the arrest to the District Control Room and Police Control Room within 12 hours of effecting the arrest. Further at District/Central Police Control Room it should be displayed on a day to day basis at a conspicuous place on a notice board. Every police station shall also display the details of arrestees at a conspicuous place for the knowledge of the public.
18. As soon as the person is arrested, police officer affecting the arrest shall make a mention of the existence or non-existence of any injury(s) on the person of the arrestee in the register of arrest. If an any injuries are found on person of the arrestee, full description and other particulars as to the manner in which the injuries were caused should be mentioned in the register, which entry shall also be signed by the police officer and the arrestee. At the time of release of the arrestee, a certificate to the above affect under the signature of the police officer shall be issued to the arrestee.
19. If the arrestee has been remanded to police custody under the orders of the court, the arrestee should be subjected to the medical examination by a trained Medical Officer every 48 hours during his detention in custody by a doctor on the panel of approved doctors appointed by Director, Health Services of the concerned State or Union Territory. At the time of his release from the police custody, the arrestee shall be got medically examined and a certificate shall be issued to him stating wherein the factual position of the existence of non-existence of any injuries on his person.
20. Copies of all the documents including the memo of arrest, referred to above, should be sent to the illaqa Magistrate for his record.
(i) The person under arrest must be produced before the appropriate court within 24 hours of the arrest.
(ii) The person arrested should be permitted to meet his lawyer at any time during the interrogation.
(iii) The interrogation should be conducted in a clearly identifiable place, which has been notified for this purpose by the Govt. The place must be accessible and the relatives or friend of the person arrested must be informed of the place of interrogation taking place.
(iv) The methods of interrogation must be consistent with the recognized rights to life, dignity and liberty and right against torture and degrading treatment.
OUR REQUEST TO THE PUBLIC
1. To inform the local police about the persons living in the area without any regular means of livelihood and living a lavish life or persons involved in any type of nefarious activities .
2. May inform the local police any suspicious activities which may affect their safety and security.
3. The particulars of the domestic help and the tenants may be sent to the local police for verification to prevent entry of criminals and anti national elements in their houses.
4. To observe Traffic rules, follow the lane system and cooperate with the traffic police for smooth mobility and for avoiding inconvenience to others.
5. May not touch or lift any suspicious object, but inform PCR.
6. To adopt various home security and vehicle safety measures advised by the local police to prevent thefts and other crimes.
7. To assist local police in all possible manner for prevention and detection of crime and to maintain law and order.
THANA LEVEL & DISTRICT LEVEL COMMITTEES
To promote interaction between the Police & the Public, Thana Level & District Level Committees have been constituted in each Police Station and in each district respectively. The Thana Level Committees are being represented by the Area MLAs whereas District Level Committees are being represented by the Member s of Parliament nominated by the L.G. Delhi. Monthly meetings are being held regularly with the representatives of public.
CAMPUS COMPLAINT BOX
Complaint boxes have been fixed in universities & college campuses. These boxes are opened by the concerned SHOs and complaints so received, are being registered in Daily Diary of the Police Station for taking necessary action.
AVAILABILITY OF POLICE OFFICERS FOR PUBLIC HEARING
|1. Deputy Commissioners of Police||Daily on all working days.(from 11.00 A.M. to 1 P.M.)|
|3. S.H.Os||Daily from 4.00 P.M. to 5 P.M.|
|4. Addl. DCP/S.D.P.Os/SHOs|| |
Once a month on Thana Diwas for hearing the public to sort out their grievances.
|5. Addl. DCP/SDPOs/SHOs/Addl.SHOs|| |
Once a month with RWAs/MTAs.
For details of Telephone numbers functioning in the office of Joint Commissioner of Police Ranges, Deputy Commissioners of Police Distts., Assistant Commissioner of Police, Sub-Divisions and Police Stations may please consult Annexure-A.
LICENSING(Telephone No. 23490236)
The Licensing Branch of Delhi Police is currently functioning from the first floor of the P.S. Defence Colony, New Delhi under the supervision of a Deputy Commissioner of Police. He is responsible for granting licenses/permission for :-
1. Arms and ammunition.
2. Cinema and Video Game Parlour.
3. Eating Houses.
5. Fire Crackers.
8. Swimming Pool.
9. Amusement Activities.
10. Registration of newspapers and Journals.
11. Declaration of Printing Press.
12. Grant of NOC for fresh Petroleum Stations and storage.
CRIME BRANCH (Telephone No. 23490252)
The Crime Wing of Delhi Police is functioning at Police Headquarters Building I.P. Estate, New Delhi under the supervision of a Deputy Commissioner of Police and deals with specialised cases which fall in any of the following categories :-
1. GENERAL CRIME
a) Robbery Cell.
b) Anti-Kidnapping Cell.
c) Anti-Burglary Cell.
d) Anti-Homicide Cell.
e) Anti-Auto Theft Squad.
f) Inter-State Cell
g) Special Investigation Team
h) Bomb Disposal Squad.
i) Dog Squad.
j) Missing Person Squad.
2. ECONOMIC OFFENCES WING
a) Anti-Forgery Cell
b) Criminal Breach of Trust
c) Anti-Fraud and Cheating Cell
d) Land & Building Racket Cell
STOLEN VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION SERVICE
On line search facility of Stolen Vehicle Identification Service has already been provided on the Home Page of Delhi Police Website, under the Icon "Stolen/Unclaimed Vehicle". The user can check the status of stolen/unclaimed vehicle of different parameters viz. "Regn. No. or Engine No. or Chassis Number by using websites mentioned below:-
SHORT MESSAGE SERVICE
Through the SMS No. "9811599901" general public can make enquiries regarding stolen vehicles unclaimed vehicles on the basis of either Registration Number, Engine Number or Chassis Number. Passport verification status enquiry and Delhi Police telephone Number enquiry from their cellphones :-
The syntax of each Service is as given below :-
Message to be entered using cellular phone keypad.
Stolen Vehicle Search
SV<Regn. No. or Engine No. or Chassis No.>
If match is found, SMS Originator receive a message in the following format:
Status, Registration Number, Chassis Number, Engine Number, Police Station, FIR Number, Model, Make, Colour.
Unclaimed Vehicle Search
UN<Regn. No. or Engine No. or Chassis No>
If match is found SMS Originator will receive a message in the following format.
Registration Number, Chassis Number, Engine Number, Police Station, FIR Number, Make, Model, Make, Colour.
Passport Verification Status
e.g. PV A04684001
If match is found, SMS Originator will receive a message in the following format:
File Number, Status, Name, Father's Name, Dispatch Number, Dispatch date.
Stolen Fire Arm Search
AR<Fire Arm Number>
If match is found, SMS Originator will receive a message in the following format:
FIR Number, Police Station, Make, Model.
TRAFFIC POLICE(Telephone No. 26198928)
The function of traffic police in the city basically pertains to traffic management, regulation, enforcement of traffic rules & regulations and road safety education to all road users. The Traffic Unit of Delhi Police is functioning under the overall supervision of Joint Commissioner of Police, Traffic, assisted by four Deputy Commissioners of Police.
Designation of the officer
DCP/Traffic Southern Range
P.S. R.K. Puram
DCP/Traffic Northern Range
Old Police Lines
DCP/Traffic New Delhi Range
P.S. R.K. Puram
Teen Murti Traffic Lines
The Unit is mainly responsible for :-
1. Providing safe and smooth flow of traffic on Delhi roads.
2. Preventing road accidents.
3. Effective enforcement of traffic rules and regulations.
4. Inculcating a sense of discipline amongst road users and educating the general public including school children,on road safety.
5. Ensure smooth and secure traffic movement for special occasions and VIP movements with minimal inconvenience to public.
Besides regulating traffic the unit is also responsible for :-
1. Rendering assistance to public in various stressful conditions such as prompt first aid to road accident victims.
2. Assisting and advising various agencies in coordinated development of infrastructure for safe and smooth flow of traffic.
3. Protection of environment by taking appropriate steps for prevention of noise and air pollution.
4. Encouraging participation and involvement of public in traffic management and regulation.
5. Arrangements for various functions in the city.
6. Granting of permission for road cutting, road digging, processions and other miscellaneous functions.
7. Website information on traffic related matters.
8. Imparting traffic training in parks to schoolchildren.
9. Promotion of road safety through-mobile exhibition van, painting competitions, skit competitions, essay competitions, debates etc.
10. Granting of N.O.C. for speed breakers.
11. Installation of traffic signals/blinkers/timers.
12. Issue of permissions to commercial vehicles to ply in "No Entry Zones".
13. Issue of N.O.C for 'No Challan Due' etc.
14. Notification of Taxi Stands.
15. Smooth functioning of Pre-paid Taxi/TSR booths.
Rights/facilities available to persons violating traffic rules/regulations
a) Compounding the traffic offence at the spot and pay the prescribed compounding amount to a traffic police officer without going to court.
b) Got to court for its disposal/contesting etc.
Documents one should always carry while driving on the road
ØIn case of non-availability of any/all such documents or attested copies thereof, the same can be sent by registered post within 15 days from the date of demand.
ØWhenever, a police officer has doubt over the authenticity of the documents so produced by the owner/driver/conductor of the vehicle, he has the authority to seize such documents/vehicle and wherever the doubt arises that the driver of the vehicle who is charged with an offence may abscond and may not respond to summons, the police officer has the authority to seize the license and forward the same to the court for taking cognizance.
Facilities available to general public
ØTraffic Helpline on phone number 23378888 (available round the clock) to lodge any traffic related complaint.
ØFor any traffic related complaint/suggestion e-mails can be sent at email@example.com.
ØPre-postage paid traffic complaint card to lodge any traffic violation/suggestion (these are available at all traffic assistance booths).
ØTraffic Website providing traffic related information at www.delhitrafficpolice.nic.in
ØSMS traffic information dissemination service for traffic diversions, traffic signal failures, congestion on any road, road accidents details, notice details etc. on phone number 9811452220.
ØTraffic information dissemination is also available on FM Band of the Radio.
ØPayment of compounding amount for traffic violations received through Notices at DCP/Traffic-Southern Range office, R.K. Puram, DCP/Traffic Northern Range office, Old Police lines and DCP/Traffic-VIP, Teen Murti Poilce Lines, Cheque Depository machines are also installed at these offices, one of which at Teen Murti Traffic Police Lines functions round the clock while the others function during office hours.
ØPre-paid Taxi/TSR service available at 28 counters at Railways Stations, Airports, ISBTs and important market/commercial centres.
SPECIAL BRANCH(Telephone No. 23236025)
Besides collection of intelligence, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Special Branch having office at Delhi Police Bhawan, Asaf Ali Road, is also responsible for following assignments :-
1. Verification of Character and antecedents.
2. Registration of Pak Nationals.
3. Status of Passport Verification :-
Status of passport verifications conducted by Special Branch, Delhi is now available online through application of Short Message Service(SMS). This facility was formally launched by the Delhi Police Commissioner on January 4, 2002. Any Mobile user can now access the Delhi Police SMS Centre at 9811599901, round-the-clock, for automated feedback of status of verification in respect of his passport application. The syntax of this service is as below:-
PV<File Number>e.g. P.V. A04684001
If match is found, SMS Originator will receive a message in the following format:
File Number, Status, Name, Dispatch Number, Dispatch date.
In case match is not found, SMS Originator will receive a message conveying "No information found" or "No data found" for the case.
IN BRIEF 'TO KNOW STATUS OF POLICE ENQUIRY SEND A MESSAGE'
PV<FILE NUMBER><YY> to 9811599901 from your mobile".
(YY stands for the 2 digits of the year).
DELHI ARMED POLICE(Telephone No. 27137509)
1. Guards for Banks and Post Offices.
2. Recruitment of constables.
You can approach Deputy Commissioner of Police, 2nd Bn. DAP, Delhi having office in Administrative Block of New Police Lines complex for provision of guards for banks and post offices as well as any information with regard to recruitment of Constables in Delhi Police on any working day during working hours from 9.30 A.M. to 6.00 P.M.
PROVISION OF BAND ON PAYMENT(Telephone No. 27437662)
If you are desirous of utilizing Delhi Police Band on any occasion, on payment, you can approach the office of Deputy Commissioner of Police, 4th Bn.DAP, Delhi at New Police Line complex, Kingsway Camp, Delhi subject to availability of band on the scheduled date.
Police Training College Jharoda also has a band which can be hired for marriages functions etc. Contact Phone No. is 25315823.
POLICE CONTROL ROOM(Telephone No. 100, 23490310 (Fax), 23490311, 23490312)
The Police Control Room of Delhi Police is having a fleet of 338 PCR Vans located at different static points all over the capital besides 129 Omni Motor Cycles for patrolling in crime prone areas. Any person in distress can pass on the information about the commission of crime to Police Control Room on Telephone No.100. The PCR van will take hardly 5 minutes to reach the place of occurrence. They also provide assistance to the passengers of the breakdown vehicles at odd hours and help the stranded passengers to reach their destination. Delhi Police also has a round the clock HELP LINE facility available for women victims at Telephone No. 23317004 & 23411091. This helpline is manned by lady officers. In case counselling/guidance alone is not sufficient, but immediate help to the victim is required, the nearest Police Control Room Gypsy is sent to the residence of the caller/victim and if necessary the victim is taken to the Hospital or necessary police assistance is extended as per the requirement of the situation. The Police Control Room also provides information on stolen vehicle and missing persons.
CRIME AGAINST WOMEN CELL AND DISTT.(Telephone No. 26882691)
CRIME WOMEN CELL
Taking care of the aspect of ensuring better and humane treatment to the women victims of crime, Delhi Police has created Crime Against Women Cells in each of the 9 Distts. which deal with women related crimes like rape, dowry deaths, harassment on account of dowry demand, molestation, eve teasing etc. In addition to the Distt. Crime Against Women Cell, there is a Central Crime Against Women Cell at Nanak Pura, which is headed by an officer of the rank of Joint Commissioner of Police. All these Crime against Women Cells also provide counseling facility to the women victims whenever they approach any of these cells. These cells also entertain cases relating to obscene posters and pictures.
For various laws enacted for the protection of women to be effectively implemented, it is imperative to have a proper-co-ordination and synchronization of efforts on the part of PCR, Crime Against Women Cell and the local Police. With a view to upgrade and hasten the response to women in distress who seek police intervention, a Women Helpline Service has been started with effect from 1.9.2002 in the PCR. To the existing telephone number 100 a toll free number 1091 has also been added. In addition the nos. 23411091 and 23317004 are also available to the women complainants. CAW Cell has also started a Women Police Mobile Team for round the clock response to deserving women helpline cases.
F.R.R.O. (Telephone No. 26711348)
For registration of foreigners and visa extension, F.R.R.O. can be approached, whose office is located in Block VIII, Sector-1, Near Hyat Regency, R.K. Puram New Delhi.
VIGILANCE(Telephone No. 23210011)
For complaints against police officers indulging in acts of corruption, negligence and malpractices, you can approach Deputy Commissioner of Police, Vigilance Branch, having its office at Delhi Police Bhawan, Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi. In complaints of serious nature, the enquiries are got conducted through ACsP/Insprs. of Vigilance Branch itself, who after conducting enquiry, submit their report and action is taken as per orders of Deputy Commissioner of Police, Vigilance and Joint Commissioner of Police, Vigilance. In case of harassment by any Police Officer, you can ring up phone No.23213355 of the Flying Squad of Vigilance Branch, which functions round the clock and takes immediate necessary action on each call.
LISTOF TELEPHONE NUMBERS OF OFFICERS OF
|S.NO.||DESIGNATION||NAME||OFFICE NO.||RESI. NO.||FAX|
|1.||C.P. Delhi||DR. K.K. PAUL|| |
23490201 / 23319961
|Spl. CP/Admn.||SH. Y.S. DADWAL||23490202||26887695||23490333|
|3.||Spl. CP/Int.&Ops.||SH. U.K. KATNA||23490203||26139649||23352239|
|4.||Spl. CP/A.P.||SH. B.K. GUPTA||23490489||24670730||23490204|
|5.||Jt. CP/HQ.||SH. AJAY CHADHA||23490219||23731891|
|6.||Jt. CP/SR||SH. BHIM SEN BASSI||23490208||23381023||23490400|
|7.||Jt. CP/NDR||SH. B.S. BRAR||23490207||23347110||23490346|
|8.||Jt. CP/Crime||SH. RANJIT NARAYAN||23490209||26113580||23490209|
|9.||Jt. CP/CWC||SH. VIMLA MEHRA||26882691||24672833||26110313|
|10.||Jt./CP/P&L||SH. ALOK KUMAR VERMA||23939560||26498772||23939800|
|11.||Jt. CP/NR||SH. DEEP CHAND||23490206||26897300||23490476|
|12.||Jt. CP/Vig.||SH. ANIL KUMAR SINHA||23490214||23490214||26968076|
|13.||Jt. CP/Sec.||SH. RAJESH KUMAR||23490210||23385965||23490418|
|14.||Jt. CP/P&I||SH. S.K. JAIN||23490213||23344747|
|15.||Jt. CP/RPB||SH. K.K. MAHESHWARI||23015491||26882088||23015517|
|16.||Jt. CP/Ops.||DR. ADITYA ARYA||23490212||23387675||23490355|
|17.||Jt. CP/Traffic||SH. QAMAR AHMED||23490221||23366050||23490436|
|18.||Jt. CP/Trg.||SH. J.K. SHARMA||25315003||26964121||25315006|
|19.||Jt. CP/AP.||SH. DEEP MISHRA||23490211||23714181||23490431|
|20.||Jt. CP/Spl. Cell||SH. KARNAL SINGH||23490227||23744616||23358965|
|21.||Addl. CP/Spl. Riot Cell||SH. ASAD FAROOQUI||26862889||26561515|
|22.||Addl. CP/Sec.(PM)||SH. SUDHIR YADAV||26887218||23753471||26877806|
|23.||Addl. CP/G.A.||SH. KISHAN KUMAR||23490220/23490386||27492800||23490372|
|24.||Addl. CP/P&L||SH. K.D. SINGH||23942187||24670358||23993344|
|25.||Addl. CP/SB||SH. RAJESH MALIK||23236025||23711555||23236191|
|26.||Addl. CP/AP||SH. SATYENDRA GARG||27415566||26863645||27436655|
|27.||Addl. CP/Traffic||SH. M.S. UPADHYE||23490222||23347050||23490482|
|28.||Addl. CP/Crime||SH. MUKTESH CHANDER||23490223||25842052||23490349|
|29.||Addl. CP/Sec.||SH. R.S. KRISHNIA||24674947||28532020||24106378|
LIST OF OFFICE AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS OF RANGES, DISTRICTS, SUB-DIVISION AND POLICE STATIONS OF DELHI POLICE
JOINT COMMISSIONER OF POLICE SOUTHERN RANGE 23490208
|1.||DCP/South Distt. Off. :-||P.S. Hauz Khas||26857726 / 26512986||26858366 (FAX)|
|E-mail address : dcp/sd.@yahoo.com|
|ACP Lajpat Nagar||29835388|
|P.P. Amar Colony||26412194|
|P.P. Jang Pura||24311443|
|P.P. Sarai Kale Khan||24358463|
|P.P. Sun Light Colony||26349218|
|N.F. Colony||26834563, 26934863|
|ACP Defence Colony||26258486|
|P.P. Gulmohar Park||26963882|
|Kotla M. Pur||24620283|
|P.P. Sukhdev Vihar||26312707|
|P.P. Nehru Place||26432272|
|P.P. Govind Puri||26092033|
|Okhla Ind. Area||26816677, 26818572|
|P.P. Okhla Phase II||26834650|
|Sarita Vihar||26825553, 26825554|
|P.P. Shahin Bagh||51395668|
|ACP Hauz Khas||26863842|
|P.P. Pushp Vihar||26864226|
|P.P. Bhati Mines||26654235|
|ACP Greater Kailash||26463656|
|Greater Kailash||26429617, 26415815|
|Chitranjan Park||26271374, 26271587|
|Ambedkar Nagar||29052304, 29051917|
|P.P. Madan Gir||29052669|
|P.P. Sainik Farm||26868597|
|P.P. Sangam Vihar H Blk.||26043647|
|P.P. Pul Prahlad Pur||26363244|
|Special Cell||24632121, LC/4618|
Control Room, South Distt. 26528994, 26523967, 26852588/4450
|2.||DCP, South/West Distt. Off. :-||P.S. Vasant Vihar||26152626||26152782(FAX)|
|E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vasant Kunj||26892530, 26123990|
|R.K. Puram||26185222, 26186963|
|P.P. Nanak Pura||24672777|
|P.P. R K Puram Sec 4||26174301|
|Sarojini Nagar||26882346, 24671281|
|ACP Vasant Vihar||26188688|
|Vasant Vihar||26152577, 26152699|
|ACP Delhi Cantt||25692377|
|Delhi Cantt||25693161, 25694444|
|P.P. Dhaula Kuan||25692450|
|Jafarpur Kalan||28019857, 28016827|
|Dwarka||25364644 / 28051585, 28051584|
Control Room, South-West Distt. 26152709, 26152810/7222
|3.||DCP, West/Distt. Off. :-||P.S. Rajouri Garden||25453992,25166508||25926101-4222(FAX)|
|E-mail address : email@example.com|
|ACP Tilak Nagar||25407901|
|P.P. Tilak Vihar||28334783|
|Janak Puri||25551410, 25553166|
|Vikas Puri||25592600, 25551213|
|Uttam Nagar||25561727, 25561728|
|P.P. East Uttam Nagar||25636362|
|ACP Patel Nagar||25873400|
|Patel Nagar||25872637, 25874034|
|P.P. Ranjit Nagar||25926101/4391|
|Moti Nagar||25101150, 25938880|
|Hari Nagar||25522719, 25543251|
|P.P. Hari Nagar||28124092/RG 4270|
|ACP Punjabi Bagh||25225615|
|Punjabi Bagh||25225614, 25225616|
|P.P. Madi Pur||25217008|
|Paschim Vihar||25267286, 25263471|
|P.P. Nihal Vihar||25946710|
|P.P. Tikri Border||No. Govt. Phone|
|ACP Rajouri Garden||25446901|
|Rajouri Garden||25448885, 25453990|
|P.P. MIG Flat||25418875/RG 4183|
|P.P. Raghubir Nagar||25435550|
Control Room, West Distt. 25441909, 25934545
JOINT COMMISSIONER OF POLICE NORTHERN RANGE 23490206
|1.||DCP/North Distt. Off. :-||P.S. Civil Lines||23817012 , 23962201/6401||23811770 (FAX)|
|E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com|
|ACP Civil Lines||23810113|
|Civil Lines||23810633, 23815444|
|P.P. Majnu ka Tilla||23810923|
|Timar Pur||23812734, 23814421|
|Maurice Nagar||27666332, 27667178|
|Roop Nagar||23844632, 23849120|
|ACP Subzi Mandi||23828880|
|Subzi Mandi||23913161, 23827354|
|P.P. Andha Mughal||23691010|
|Sarai Rohilla||23691106, 23593611|
|Kashmere Gate||23967889, 23968730|
|P.P. Tis Hazari||23912114|
|ACP Sadar Bazar||23512410|
|Sadar Bazar||23512411, 23528010, 23622775|
|P.P. Ahata Kidara||23521876|
|Bara Hindu Rao||23529707|
|Lahori Gate||23953776, 23958234|
|P.P. Red Fort||23277134|
|P.P. Yamuna Pusta||23257814|
|P.P. Church Mission||23914802|
Control Room, North Distt. 23918584, 23918614, 23962201/6450
|2.||DCP/Central Distt. Off.:-||P.S. Darya Ganj||23261377||23261330(FAX)|
|E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org|
|ACP Darya Ganj||23268182|
|Darya Ganj||23274683, 23279331|
|Chandni Mahal||23271751, 23279338|
|Jama Masjid||23269777, 23261625|
|ACP Kamla Market||23231578|
|Kamla Market||23230623, 23233743|
|Hauz Qazi||23210414, 23212482|
|ACP Pahar Ganj||23553550|
|Pahar Ganj||23524746, 23520787|
|Nabi Karim||23531734, 23521081|
|D.B.G. Road||23537374, 23613252|
|ACP Karol Bagh||25733594|
|Karol Bagh||25726870, 25731482|
|Parsad Nagar||25751048, 25725652|
|Rajender Nagar||28742712, 28744012|
Control Room, Central Distt. 23270000, 23286848, 25737951/6517
|3.||DCP/N.W. Distt. Off.:-||P.S. Ashok Vihar||27229835||27462222(FAX)|
|E-mail address : email@example.com|
|ACP Ashok Vihar||27198783|
|Ashok Vihar||27242917, 27243066|
|P.P. Wazir Pur Indl. Area||27372544|
|P.P. Wazir Pur J.J. Colony||27231172|
|Keshav Puram||27181325, 27156090|
|P.P. Shanti Nagar||27385810|
|P.P. Shakti Vihar||27015329|
|P.P. Rani Bagh||27106560|
|ACP Model Town||27459201|
|Model Town||27456072, 27459202|
|P.P. Sangam Park||27210627|
|Adarsh Nagar||27464452, 27462452|
|P.P. Subzi Mandi||27234646/5715|
|Mukherjee Nagar||27231131, 27231132|
|ACP Sultan Puri||25475745|
|Sultan Puri||25472166, 25472410|
|P.P. Budh Vihar||27535065|
|P.P. Prem Nagar||25489080|
|Mangol Puri||27921168, 27922186|
|P.P. Sanjay Gandhi Hospital, Mangol Puri||27923709|
|P.P. Dost, Mangol Puri||27012882|
|P.P. Sector-5, Narela||27782510|
|Ali Pur||27202265, 27202290|
|Samai Pur Badli||27854799, 27854757|
|P.P. Dost, Rohini, Sector-7||27031213/5338|
|Shalimar Bagh||27495198, 27497179|
|P.P. Pitam Pura||27322353|
|Jahangir Puri||27636000, 27631600|
|P.P. DDA Flats||27234646/5737|
|Prashant Vihar||27561877, 27557184|
|P.P. Sector-16, Prashant Vihar||27872911|
|P.P. Shahbad Dairy||27821047|
Control Room, North-West Distt. 27229834, 27234646/5750
JOINT COMMISSIONER OF POLICE NEW DELHI RANGE 23490207
1. DCP/New Delhi Distt. Off.:- P.S. Parliament Street 23747777
E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax Number : 23347184
|ACP Parliament Street||23744100|
|Parliament Street||23361231/3481, 23342700|
|P.P. North Avenue||23093294|
|P.P. South Avenue||23013336|
|P.P. Boat Club||23361231-3707|
|ACP Connaught Place||23386100|
|ACP Chankya Puri||23793100|
Control Room, New Delhi Distt. 23362229, 23361231/3456
2. DCP/East Distt. Off.:-Vishwas Nagar, Shahdara 22308568
E-mail address : email@example.com
Fax Number : 22305577
|ACP Gandhi Nagar||22513088|
|Gandhi Nagar||22072761, 22082235|
|Krishna Nagar||22093224, 22093887|
|ACP Vivek Vihar||22154102|
|P.P. Karkardooma Court||22428230 (6757 from Preet Vihar Exch.)|
|Anand Vihar||22130181, 22155216|
|Farash Bazar||22303600, 22385817|
|ACP Preet Vihar||22524433|
|Preet Vihar||22509966, 22510291|
|ACP Kalyan Puri||22777512|
|Mayur Vihar||22720606, 22720607|
|Pandav Nagar||22753997, 22753317|
Control Room, East Distt. 22393494 , 22304164
3. DCP/North-East Distt. Off.:-Seelam Pur 22825655,22826937
E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax Number : 22826937
|ACP Seelam Pur||22560742|
|Seelam Pur||22562989, 22562035|
|P.P. Seelam Pur||22531808|
|New Usman Pur||22172410|
|ACP Seema Puri||22580948|
|Nand Nagri||22324425 / 6183, 22583307, 22585985|
|P.P. Harsh Vihar||22342074|
|Dilshad Garden||22580274, 22583551|
Control Room, North-East Distt. 22823139, 22825311, 22284425/6150
1. DCP/IGI Airport Off.:- Domestic Airport 25675373, 25684600/7601
Fax Number : 25675373
|ACP Palam Airport||25674416|
|IGI Airport-I Palam||25675126, 25675291|
|IGI Airport-II NITC||25652325, 25652011/2116|
(NITC) Control Room/Dom. 25675289, 25675126/2221
Control Room/IGI Airport/NITC 25652449, 25652011/2121
2. DCP/Metro Station
|Shastri Park||22173623, 22173424|
3. DCP/C&R Off.:- I.P. Estate 23490252 ,
Fax Number : 23490340
|ACP/Rlys. Delhi Main Railway Station||23994004|
|Delhi Main Rly. Station||23980685|
|N.D. Rly Station||23744073, 23363622, 23361231/3486|
Control Room/Crime & Rlys. 23317626, 23490010/4324
4. DCP/Police Control Room Off:- 23490251 PHQ
I.P. Estate, New Delhi. 23490205
Fax Number : 23314616
|ACP/Command Room||23490311 , 23490312|
|Women Helpline||23317004 (1091), 23317003, 23491091, 23317002|
SHO Narcotics 23220057, 23237799.
SHO Anti Corruption 23890006, 23890018, 23890110
POLICE POST TELEPHONE NUMBERS
|AIIMS (D. Colony)||26588840, 26864851/3345|
|Amar Colony (L. P. Ngr.)||26412194|
|Ahata Kidara (S. Bazar)||23521876|
|Anand Vihar (ISBT)||22157909, 22450100/6709|
|Andha Mugal (S. Mandi)||23691010|
|Balli Maran (H.Qazi)||23919333|
|Bhati Mines (Mehrauli)||26654235|
|Budh Vihar (S. Puri)||27535065|
|Ballim Aran (C. Chowk)||23951486, 23962201/6468|
|Boat Club (Pt. Street)||23385022, 23386354|
|Booth Shai Ganj (K. Mkt.)||23962201/6493|
|Burari (Timar Pur)||27616844|
|Church Mission (L.Gate)||23914802, 23962201/6469|
|Dhaula Kuan (D. Cantt.)||25692450|
|Dost (Puspanjali) (M. Puri)||27012882|
|Dev Nagar (D.B.G Road)||28716599, 25765599, 25737951/7469|
|Fountain (Kotwali)||23860445, 23962201/6467|
DISASTER MANAGEMENT CENTRES
New Delhi Range 22417747
(Laxmi Nagar Fire Station)
Northern Range 27261777
(Rohini Fire Station)
Southern Range 26445230
(Nehru Place Fire Station)
DELHI LEGAL SERVICES AUTHORITY
Delhi Legal Services Authority,
Room No.-1, Patiala House,
New Delhi – 110001.
Tel. No. 23383014
Delhi High Court Services Committee,
Room No.-35-36, Lawyers Chambers,
New Delhi – 110001.
Tel. No. 23383418
District Legal Services Authority,
Room No.-287, Tis Hazari Courts,
New Delhi – 110054.
Tel. No. 23911544, 23911611
District Legal Services Authority,
Room No.-311, Karkardoma Courts,
Tel. No. 22301945, 22301946
TEL No.- 2373132, 23070345
From 10 AM to 5 PM
On all working days.
|ROUND THE CLOCK HELP LINES||TELEPHONE NUMBER|
|Police Control Room||100|
|Traffic Help Line||23378888|
|Help Line for Women in Distress||1091 , 24121234|
|Student / Senior Citizen Help Line||1291|
The services provided by legal aid services are as under:-
A) Payment of court fee, process fee and other charges payable or incurred in connection with any legal proceedings.
B) Representations by a legal practitioner in legal proceedings.
C) Obtaining and supply of certified copies of order and other documents in legal proceedings.
D) Preparation of appeal, paper books including printing and translation of documents in legal proceedings.
E) Conducting legal literacy camps / legal aids clinics for spreading legal awareness.
Following free family consultancy and Legal Aid services centers are being organized by Delhi Legal Services Authority
1. Community Centre, K-Block, Mangolpur, Delhi.
2. Community Centre, Gokul Puri, Delhi.
3. Community Centre, K-Block, Dakshin Puri, New Delhi
4. Community Centre, Milap Nagar, Uttam Nagar, New Delhi
5. A-10009, Jhangir Puri, Delhi
6. Basti Vikas Kendra,D-I, Nand Nagri, Delhi
7. Basti Vikas Kendra, Sunlight Colony, Seema Puri, Delhi
8. Labour Welfare Centre, Neemri Colony, Ashok Vihar, Delhi
9. U-88, Vijay Nagar, Narela, Delhi
10. C-1/77, Madhu Vihar, Dwarka, New Delhi
11. Child Welfare and Legal Aid Centre, Mount Fort School, Ashok Vihar, Delhi
12. 1, Transit Camp, Raghubir Nagar, New Delhi
13. Basti Vikas Dendra, B-1, Block, Sultan Puri, Delhi
14. Jatav Bhawan, 741/7, Govind Puri, Kalkaji, New Delhi
15. C-196/2, FF, Maya Puri Industrial Area, New Delhi
16. St.Lawrence School, Geeta Colony, Delhi
17. 1/24, Lalita Park Laxmi Nagar, Delhi
18. A-16, Abdul Fazal Enclave, Jamia Nagar, Okhla, New Delhi
19. B-24, Kanti Nagar Shahdara, Delhi
20. Basti Vikas Kendra, Block –18, Indira Camp, Kalyan Puri, Delhi